TOPIC: Critical Reflection of Globalization and Neoliberalism’s Impact on Global Health
Some course learning outcomes to think about as you write the paper
Understand health in a global context, accounting for the social, political, economic, and
environmental challenges that impact health equity
Critically evaluate the role of nurses and nursing in contributing to global health
Develop individual and professional strategies and/or actions that may be taken to
promote global health
Students will demonstrate their understanding of economic globalization and neoliberalism’s
impact on global health through a critical reflection. Reflections should be no less than 3 pages
and no longer than 4 pages (not including title page and references).
Students should address the following questions:
1. Using understanding of the course learning outcomes examples listed above in bullets and the
corresponding articles with the course concepts from discuss how your understanding of the
concepts economic globalization and neoliberalism were made clearer by course materials.
2. Have your assumptions about global health been challenged by these course materials and if
so in what way?
3. Why do these concepts and your assumptions matter to you as a global citizen and nurse?
4. How will this new knowledge influence your personal and professional actions moving
forward? ***You do not need to include outside resources for this assignment. Students
should be thoroughly engaging with course materials to explain questions 1 to 4.
Additional Formatting Requirements:
o Title page with your name, student number, professor’s name, course, and date of submission
o 12-point font
o Arial or Times New Roman
o 1” margins
o APA Referencing (7th Edition)
Below are the Course Materials Attached for Your Reflection
Course Concepts /Themes /Readings have been highlighted for you. These materials will
guide your writing and answering those 4 questions
****ARTICLE 1 & 2- Linking Globalization to Health Determinants
****ARTICLE 3 & 4 – Globalization, Health & Infectious Diseases (e.g climate change, HIV
+ women living in poverty)
-Introduction to Global Health (article 5 and the video below)
*****Unnatural Causes: In Sickness & In Wealth: Is inequality making us sick? (Available via
online streaming from York libraries. Kanopy Firm – initially produced by California newsreel –
From the rubric write following this format
Critical Reflection of Globalization and Neoliberalism’s Impact on Global Health Related Posts:
- Select a global health issue from the World Health Organization (WHO) list of health topics available at http://www.who.int/topics/en/. How has globalization influenced this issue from a positive or negative perspective?
- Select a global health issue from the World Health Organization (WHO) list of health topics available at http://www.who.int/topics/en/ How has globalization influenced this issue from a positive or negative perspective?
- How economic globalization impact future procurement in small businesses
- Identify the impact of master’s prepared nurses in the globalization of healthcare and nursing roles
- How has globalization impacted health care in the United States? • In what ways and why are patients, workers, management practices, and health policies flowing across international borders?
- Reflection Journal Activity: Summary: You are to prepare reflection in action notes in which you address what you have learned each week that you will take forward as an Advance Practice Nurse
- Self-reflection regarding the role in the process of self-reflection as a PMHNP provider
- Globalization of Health Care; good or bad?
- outline issues related to globalization, power, followership, and cultural change from a health leader’s perspective.
- The Globalization Of Eating Disorders
- Pathopharmological issues related to Major Depressive Disorder
- Assignment: Assessing A Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation