The purpose of this reflective journal is self-reflection regarding the role in the process of self-reflection as a PMHNP provider. Through reflective practice, the student will evaluate their own emotional health and recognize one’s own feelings as well as one’s ability to monitor and manage those feelings. The point of the exercise is to learn yourself, your triggers, the types of cases you end up getting overly involved with, and those you’d rather refer to someone else. The idea is to be able to personally reflect on your behaviors/thoughts/decisions and how those impact you in the role of PMHNP.
Describe a significant event/patient interaction you have experienced anytime in your nursing career up to this week. Discuss the impact this had on you in terms of increasing your understanding of the PMHNP role, psychopathology, and/or the provider-patient relationship. Explore your personal strengths and limitations and their effect on the provider/patient relationship. Include reflection on your therapeutic use of self. Your discussion should reflect your specific learning/insight. Identify something specific that you learned from reflecting on this event/interaction and how will you apply that learning in your future practice.
Self-reflection regarding the role in the process of self-reflection as a PMHNP provider Related posts:
- Psychotherapy Modality of Choice for PMHNP Clinical Practice Paper
- Scope of practice for PMHNP
- Personally reflect on your behaviors/thoughts/decisions and how those impact you in the role of PMHNP
- Compare and contrast the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role and non-direct care provider advanced role
- Reflection Journal Activity: Summary: You are to prepare reflection in action notes in which you address what you have learned each week that you will take forward as an Advance Practice Nurse
- Review and reflect on the course resources. Search for and browse self-care mind maps to use as examples. Then draw, use a computer, or cut and paste a self-care mind map into the discussion based on your personal self-care needs. Upload the mind map into the discussion forum. Give a brief explanation of your map.
- Development of a personal philosophy of nursing which includes the life-long process of self-reflection, identification of professional and personal values
- Journal Note on reflection of a patient that you have seen as a provider with a known history of strokes.
- health leadership competency, affective domain of learning, self-reflection, personal assessment, and professional development planning
- Self-reflection Journal
- Legislation Comparison Grid And Testimony/Advocacy Statement
- Health Policy Reform