What characteristics result in toxic leadership? What are possible repercussions of toxic leadership? Provide a personal experience (do not disclose specific names) or public example of toxic leadership.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
- Discuss the importance of advocacy as it pertains to patient care. What is the nurse’s role in patient advocacy? Describe a situation in which you were involved with patient advocacy. Explain what the advocacy accomplished for the patient, and what the repercussions would have been if the patient would not have had an advocate
- Leadership Self-Assessment: Explain your personal leadership style through the use of leadership and personality assessments
- select a current event in the field of public health leadership whereby the leader used a systems thinking approach. Reflect on the leadership featured within the event and consider how the leader’s specific characteristics impacted the outcomes of the event
- Select an individual that you believe exhibits authentic leadership. This individual can be historical or contemporary. Provide specific examples that support how this person exhibits authentic leadership. What is the role of authentic leadership in creating trust and followership in this example, and how can it improve organizations?
- Identify the approach that best fits your personal and professional philosophy of nursing and explain why the approach is suited to your personal leadership style.
- Leadership Journal: this leadership journal is a record of your activities, assessments, and learning related to this academic experience
- Share with the class an experience where you have worked with, or know someone with problems associated with shift work. What were the effects of the problems and what was done to help the individual? What was the shift work schedule? If you don’t have any personal experience, then you may research a case study that dealt with improvement of a shift work schedule.
- Given present public health and healthcare trends, where are employment opportunities for public health professionals most likely to arise in the coming years? What knowledge/skills are likely to be needed by public health workers in the future that are different from those of the pas
- The media, and Hollywood in particular, represent one avenue in which the general public becomes familiar with the role of nurses. How does the media positively or negatively influence the public’s image of nursing? What other avenues may better educate the general public on the role and scope of nursing as well as the changing health care system?
- Servant Leadership – Joe Schmitt.\” Discuss why this is a good example of leadership