Therapeutic assessment interview: Identify an older adult age 65 +, use a 1st and last initial. Execute a therapeutic assessment interview with them for at least two interview sessions assessing their self-identified: Name J. Harris 67 y.o. Female Demographics, life time education and career/employment : Eastern North Carolina, High School Graduate,33 years County School Printer
Two most significant (positive) times in their lives:
1) Having kids
2) Buying First Home
What past hardship or loss has the client successfully negotiated in the past? Losing a job in Philadelphia and relocating to North Carolina for a better job with better benefits
Two personal strengths: Responsible and Resourceful
Engage them in identifying what is healthy versus non-healthy coping skills
non-healthy- worrying, lack of exercise
Inquire of 2 healthy coping skills they have used in the past and/or now- prayer and walking
Three (3) pieces of advice they would give to their younger self if they could?
1) Go to College
2) Wait on Marriage
3) Go to Military
Support the client in taking the Geriatric Depression Scale.pdf J. Harris scored 2 ,2 is considered normal
J. Harris has dropped many activities and interests. she perfers to stay home, rather than going out and doing new things
Support the client in taking the Fulmer SPICES Assessment.pdf J Harris able to sleep 8 hours/ night ,Able to eat with fork and spoon and swallow effectively with no weight loss, Patient was continent of bladder and stool during assessment,Patient was able to name President Biden, give todays date and year, and give birthdate, Pt was ambulatory without falls, No evidence of skin breakdown. Skin was elastic and non-tenting.
Read Mini Mental State Exam.pdf and Patient_Stress_Questionnaire.
Read Hall, Hall, and Chapman Article.pdf
Report the findings from the Geriatric Depression Scale, Fulmer Spices, Patient Stress Questionnaire, and the Mini-Mental Status Exam
Discuss your older adult’s level of ego integrity vs. despair as described by psychoanalyst Erik Erikson. If you had to rate them on a scale of 1-10, with 1 representing a full state of despair and 10 representing full ego integrity, what rating would you give your older adult? J harris would rate a 7( explain why)
Describe at least two nursing diagnoses for this client.
Create a plan of care for the client to include at least three nursing goals with two nursing interventions each.
Therapeutic assessment interview: Identify an older adult age 65 + Related posts:
- Review and reflect on the family assessment tools you have seen this week. Then using a family assessment tool of your choice develop an assessment plan for a family that includes a child or adolescent, young or middle aged adult, and a senior citizen. Explain how this type of assessment will be beneficial in a family centered practice. Be specific and use examples.
- Self-Assessment Tool: Therapeutic Nurse Client Relationship
- Executing a therapeutic assessment interview with at least two adults of age 65 +
- Therapeutic Use of Self in Psychiatric Nursing
- What is the significance of professional Therapeutic Communication in Mental Health Nursing and how this tool significantly affects mental health consumers?
- Demonstrate effective therapeutic communication and relationship skills in providing care to patients and families in critical-care and emergent care settings.
- Therapeutic and Reproductive Cloning
- Therapeutic Communication
- Case Study The hospice nurse sat with Ann’s husband, Ben. Ann was resting quietly as the increased dosage of IV pain medication gradually reached its therapeutic level
- Nursing Informatics paper for a new information management system
- Human Subjects Protection