The basics of advanced nursing roles and working with other professionals
These are two assignments for the same class. The representative told me to submit as one submission. The first part are deliverables for a CPE to be uploaded to my portfolio. I did the first part which everything for task 1 the deliverables and task 2 the paper will be based off of. I will do the Go react Videos. The first part will be shorter. So we estimated 5 pages but some are just a list of names or Smart Goals. You can put each task into one with labels and I can separate or put each on different pages. It is not a paper format for the deliverables.
Task 2 is the Paper. This is going off of everything done in task 1 with being more in depth and do additional things. I put the Rubric and instructions for both tasks into one word document. I highlighted the items I need done on task 1. I need the entire paper done. You do not need to do a cover page. Email me to text or call with any questions.
CAM2 Task 1: Clinical Practice Experience for Nancy Tschida
Essentials of Advanced Nursing Roles and Interprofessional Practice – D025
TASK 1- Do first- first submission. Task 2 is a paper and instructions and rubric below. The first task will not be in a paper format. It is separate tasks known as deliverables I upload to my e-portfolio. Some will be a half page. Two are around 200-300 words.
This is the first assignment are deliverables for the CPE. I am highlighting the ones I need you to do. I did the first part and I will do the GoReact Videos and Summaries.
E-Portfolio with Deliverables
B. Upload all (11) of the following phase 1 and phase 2 deliverables to your e-portfolio and provide a link to your e-portfolio: I need you to do the highlighted 5 below. I will include useful articles and websites they gave us. I will also attach a document that walks you through what they are looking for.
• CPE schedule table: I will complete the table. I will include the below that you will be working off of to complete the rest of the tasks.
I did the part of identifying the health issue in your county or state which mine is Minnesota. If you need to revise it feel free to. It is in the table below.
Investigate health issues in your county or state. To access your county or state data, you may use the following websites:
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps. (n.d.) Explore health rankings
U.S. News & World Report. (n.d.) Healthiest communities (https://lrps.wgu.edu/
Using data and resources from the two websites above and/or other credible sources, complete the following:
identify a health issue in your county or state.
identify an “at risk” population in your county or state most affected by the health issue.
identify the social factor or condition/social determinant of health (SDOH) that leads to, worsens, or complicates the health issue for the identified “at risk” population.
recommend a policy change to address the identified SDOH.
Health Issue in My County or State High rate of unintentional falls in MN
“At Risk” Population Affected Adults 65+
SDOH Lack of availability of resources: low income, access to services for home health and home modifications.
Recommended Policy Change Improve health outcomes and quality of life for elderly individuals that live at home with chronic health conditions and disabilities to prevent falls. Provide a community resource program that will provide in-home nurse and safety assessments, recommendations, interventions, and access to fund adapted medical equipment, home modifications, and assistance with in home services: nursing, home health aide, homemaking, and therapy if recommended.
Data Source(s) https://www.health.state.mn.
These are the deliverables tasks I need you to do.
• summary of your advocacy plan (suggested length of 200–300 words) to address your identified social determinants of health (SDOH)
• one SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) goal that guides and provides a unified direction for the advocacy action team
• list of policymakers and their contact information
• three screenshots to document your phase 1 GoReact activities, including one screenshot of your video and two screenshots of your peers’ videos with your written feedback included
• written reflection summary of your phase 1 experience- half a page
• list of seven team-building strategies
• list of five key interprofessional stakeholders
• list of four agenda items for your first advocacy action team meeting
• three screenshots to document your phase 2 GoReact activities, including one screenshot of your video and two screenshots of your peers’ videos with your written feedback included
• a written summary of your phase 2 reflection- half a page
Useful links to read/research for tasks:
Task 2 Paper I need you to do: AWM2 Task: Advocating for Policy Change to Improve Health Outcomes in the Community
Professional nurses have the potential to influence health policy by using a collective voice for patient and healthcare advocacy. In this assessment, you will demonstrate competence as an advanced professional nurse leading an interprofessional advocacy action team (AAT) to advocate for population health policy change.
You will explore the role of the advanced professional nurse advocating for a policy proposal related to a current health issue for an at-risk population in your community. You will gather and analyze data to identify patients and populations at risk, recommend policy change to improve health outcomes in the community, and identify key stakeholders to serve on the AAT. You will also demonstrate the ability to identify and communicate effectively with essential policymakers to move the policy forward. Finally, you will create a summary of the policy proposal in (I)SBAR format (i.e., identify, summary, background, assessment, recommendation).
Before starting this task, you must have completed CAM2 Task 1 and the \”CPE Record\” associated with that task.
Note from Nancy: I will do the title page do not worry about that.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Discuss two differences in how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an at-risk population in the community versus how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an individual patient in the clinical practice setting. Include scholarly source(s) as part of your response.
B. Describe how the advanced professional nurse will apply two evidence-based strategies to promote interprofessional collaboration within an AAT. Include one scholarly source to support your description.
C. Analyze data that validates a health issue affecting an at-risk population in the county or state where you live or work. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
D. Describe two characteristics of the at-risk population identified in part C.
E. Analyze how a specific social determinant of health (SDOH) in the county or state is predisposing the at-risk population from part C to the health issue identified in part C.
F. Analyze how current policy is insufficient to address the SDOH identified in part E.
Note: Current policy may be a county ordinance, county or state regulation, state law, program, school curriculum, health initiative, etc.
G. Provide a policy proposal to address the SDOH identified in part E. Include scholarly source(s) to support your policy proposal as part of your response.
1. Describe how the policy proposal could impact the health issue from part C.
2. Discuss how the policy proposal will address diversity in the population to ensure equitable distribution of resources.
3. Describe how the policy proposal upholds two provisions from the ANA Code of Ethics. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
4. Describe two actual or potential barriers in your county or state that impede the implementation of the policy proposal.
H. Provide the name and title of one policymaker with authority to move the policy proposal forward.
1. Provide the rationale for choosing the policymaker identified in part H.
I. Describe two strategies you will use as an advanced professional nurse to strengthen your professional practice as a policy advocate.
J. Create an (I)SBAR summary of the policy proposal using the attached “(I)SBAR Summary Template. Save and submit your (I)SBAR summary as a sperate .pdf or .docx document.
Note: Refer to the article titled “Using SBAR to Communicate with Policymakers” found in Unit 3 of the Course of Study.
K. Acknowledge sources using APA-formatted in-text citations and references for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
L. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
The basics of advanced nursing roles and working with other professionals Related posts:
- What do you believe about the influences of theory on nursing practice? What value do you place on using a model for practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? Has your philosophy of advanced practice nursing change
- Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice Nurses
- What is your personal worldview? Connect your worldview to cultural and spiritual competence. How will your worldview and cultural and spiritual competence affect your future practice and role as an advanced practice nurse? Consider both the provision of safe, quality care to diverse populations and interprofessional relationships.
- Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice Nurses
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty. How has past and current regulation/legislation affected the role and scope of this nursing role? What, if any, discussions are currently underway relative to the scope and role of this specialty? What resources are available to assist nurses in advocating for these roles?
- Implications for promoting interprofessional collaboration in health care settings and implications for advanced nursing practice
- PowerPoint: Interprofessional collaboration is essential for advanced nursing practice
- draw parallels between the history of advanced practice nursing and current events impacting advanced practice nursing
- roles, responsibilities, and core competencies needed by nurse leaders and interprofessional team in the delivery of collaborative, patient-centered, safe, effective, accessible, and efficient care across the continuum, and in the appraisal of global health workforce challenges
- Advanced Practice Roles in Nursing:: Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice