Assignment Topic: R/Evolution of Nursing Practice
1. Identify one concern that you have identified in health care.
2. Cite literature (2 sources are enough) that supports your claim that the issue you identified is a current concern.
3. About You: describe the new graduate program you completed.
4. You are an Intrapreneur. Describe the circumstance around this designation. (You will need to know what an intrapreneur is and how it is arranged)
5. Identify a technological innovation that will help address the health concern that you identified above.
You will receive one mark for each of these points for a total of 5 marks
Be creative. Have fun! Nothing is too “innovative”
Example – which means you cannot use this one and it already does
1. Current Health Issue
Spinal Cord Injuries continue to rise with little advancements in
regenerating the spinal cord with stem cell technology
2. Cite literature
3. About You
I just graduated from the new “Electronic Nurse Engineer PhD
program”. This position was created to advance technology as it applies
4. Intrapreneur (I am describing entrepreneurship here)
I am an entrepreneur working for myself. I have two employees
working for me. I was successful in applying for a government grant for
new Entrepreneurs. I received 2 million dollars!!! You can reach my
company at: www.wehaveyourback.ca
If the spinal cord cannot be repaired directly, there should be a way to
provide mobility to the patient in other ways. As an Entrepreneur, I
have developed a gear that is worn on the outside of the body. It
provides support to the patient’s skeleton when their muscles can no
longer provide this because of nerve damage. Smart technology is used
to provide feedback to the patient about movement and orientation. I
use titanium material and the latest microchips manufactured by Intel.
We are currently trialing my company’s innovation at Toronto Central
This assignment is a TNR 12’ use the headings and write a 1 1/2
pages maximum word count no more than 375 words paper.
References are required in APA format
R/Evolution of Nursing Practice Related posts:
- Outline the process for the development of nursing standards of practice for your state, including discussion of the entities involved in developing the standards of practice and how the standards of practice influence the nursing process for your areas of specialty. Outline the concept of professional accountability as it pertains to nursing. Provide examples of how a nurse demonstrates professional accountability in clinical expertise, the nursing process, and evidence- based practice.
- Describe evidence-based practice (EBP) and its relationship to nursing research, nursing practice, and healthcare. (Domain – Educative Practice, Evidence-informed Practice,‘Process – Scholarship, Patient Safety)
- What do you believe about the influences of theory on nursing practice? What value do you place on using a model for practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? Has your philosophy of advanced practice nursing change
- Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual
- How nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual
- Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach
- Outline the process for the development of nursing standards of practice for your state, including discussion of the entities involved in developing the standards of practice and how the standards of practice influence the nursing process for your areas of specialty.
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) was passed into legislation in March of 2010. Identify the impact of this legislation on your nursing practice by choosing two key nursing provisions outlined in the topic material “Nursing and Health Reform.” Discuss how these two provisions have impacted, or will impact, your current practice of nursing.
- Reflective practice is an important skill that nurses need to develop. Discuss this statement and explain why, when and how reflective practice is used in nursing practice.
- concepts that are relevant to your personal practice of nursing and explain how they relate to your practice and why they are important to your practice