psychology of adolescence
For this exercise, you need to find one research study that supports your argument (see task below). One way to find a peer-reviewed research article is to go the Rutgers (online) Library (you can use the tab on our Canvas site or google Rutgers Library). Then, under the \”Find\” tab, choose \”Indexes and Databases\”. The two databases I regularly use are either \”Google Scholar\” or \”Psych Info\”. Note: Do not EVER pay for an article. Since you are a Rutgers student, all articles are free. That said, some articles might not be available because they are too new or for some other reason. My suggestions is to then just move on to another article. Download the article and attach it to this assignment. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Your reading in Unit 2 advocates for better sex education. Zhao et al. demonstrate how young people engage in risky sexual behaviors which can result in negative consequences, for example, teen pregnancy and STDs and HIV infections.
John Oliver discusses in his video that there are no standards across states/districts/schools in terms of sex education. Keeping Reading 3 and John Olivers\’ arguments in mind, please discuss this question with the help of evidence from the additional research article you have found:
Should schools promote \”abstinence only?\” Why or why not?
Make sure you refer back to the video, to Zhao (Reading 3), as well as the additional article you are using.
Please attach the article (in PDF) which you are using to support your argument.
Step 1: Read Zhao (Reading 3) and watch John Oliver\’s video on Sex Education.
Step 2: Think about whether schools should promote \”abstinence only\” Why or Why not?
Step 3: Find a research article that supports your opinion.
Step 4: Download that article as a PDF and attach it to the exercise.
Step 5: Discuss the question from Step 2.
Step 6: While discussing the question, make sure you refer to:
1. the evidence you found in the downloaded article from Step 3,
2. to Reading 3 and
3. the video
psychology of adolescence Related posts:
- Psychology Versus Pop Psychology
- Psychology Discussion Thread (create a question for a discussion) for psychology 101
- psychology help with a Case Study Analysis on Neoanalytic, Jungian or Individual Psychology
- ethnic identity in early adolescence
- Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
- Developmental Factors in Childhood and Adolescence
- Nutrition assignment: Quiz III Adolescence, Adult and Aging
- Adolescence: Contemporary Issues and Resources
- Discuss the history and evolving nature of clinical psychology
- Clinical Worksheet Plan of Care Concept Map
- Nursing theories of Practice