Identify a conflict between two groups, (please see below dashed line).
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you create a program to improve the relationship between two groups (Manager and Employee). Be specific in identifying what community, company, or organization you are writing about.
Nature of the Conflict
- Describe the context of the conflict. What kind of community or organization is this? Who are the stakeholders in the outcome of the conflict?
- Identify the overt and covert issues presenting both sides.
- Describe the effect the conflict has on the organization within which it exists and, if applicable, the surrounding community.
- Identify attribution errors and how they will be addressed in the program.
- Analyze the dynamics within each group and between groups. Who are the leaders? Does anyone stall or undermine the group? Is there a relationship between two subgroups?
- Apply the elements of conflict resolution.
- Describe the central strategy you will use to resolve or diminish the conflict.
- Provide at least one reference supporting the use of such a strategy.
- Include a program component that employs social media.
- Explain how you will address attribution errors between the groups.
- Identify the elements of persuasion you will use in your program.
The presentation should be accompanied by 10 Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides with speaker notes that include the following:
- The goals of the program
- The logistics of the program (schedule, location, and so on)
- The content of the program (any worksheets, activities, or events)
Cite at least 4 references in your presentation, including the reference that demonstrates research support of your program strategy.
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.
Note: When approaching Learning Team assignments, equal group work is required. Reference your Learning Team Charter for the details and guidance.
Approved Topic/At-Risk Group: (Your topic has to be approved before the proposal is submitted.)
* My topic will be Managers listening more to what their employees have to say instead of being judgemental
Target Audience: (Who do you want to convince to help with the issue?)
* Management Team
Central Strategy: (What delivery method or medium will you use to physically reach your target audience?)
* Group Meetings to discuss problems or issues