For this assignment, you will be researching potential career roles in the healthcare revenue cycle field, which your health information education prepares you for.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research positions in the revenue cycle using your course readings, the AHIMA Career Map (http://hicareers.com/CareerMap/), or other resources you may find on the Internet. From this research, select three different positions that interest you. Identify the job title and provide a brief overview of the responsibilities and which component of the revenue cycle you think this position belongs in.
PLease write about Revenue Cycle Manage, HIM Manager and Chief Compliance officer.
- Select one revenue cycle position from a career job site where open positions are listed, such as Indeed.com, Simply Hired, or AHIMA Career Assist (http://ahima.org). (On the AHIMA home page, click Career & Student Center, and then click Career Assist: Job Bank).
Prepare a short narrative describing the one position you selected in #2 above. The narrative summary of your research should include the following: for all 3 Revenue Cycle Manage, HIM Manager and Chief Compliance officer.
- Job title
- Overview of the role and responsibilities
- Job requirements: education, experience, certifications, and other skills
- Whether this is a remote work opportunity or requires travel or relocation
- Salary range, if available
- Number of direct reports, if applicable
- Site(s) responsibility
- Type of organization (for example, acute care, vendor or contract service, ambulatory care, physician clinic, academic institution)
In your narrative, comment on why you chose this position, what you found interesting about the role, and how and where it fits in the revenue cycle.
- Include an APA-formatted References page of all the sources you accessed and used in your narrative, including job search sites. Be sure to cite all sources within your narrative.
The narrative summary should be single spaced, well organized, and presented in a professional manner free of grammatical or spelling errors. The summary should range between 200 and 250 words and include all of the required elements listed above.