Politics, Policy, and Health Care Explained
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) defines health equity as a society in which everyone has an equal opportunity to live the healthiest life possible. In the evolving role of the nurse, the advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) and the nurse leader have the evidence and expertise to inform policies to assure better health and fair distribution. Nurse Practice Acts (NPAs) lend nurses the authority to answer the needs of a changing society through scope and standards of professional service. APRNs and nurse leaders must enter policy discussions with policymakers, experienced lobbyists, and keep civil society informed on important health issues.
Write a 7th edition APA format paper answering questions 1 through 5.
1. What are the limits of the market in the provision of health services.
2. Why does the federalists\’ system of government result in the fragmentation of healthcare delivery?
3. What makes policy alternatives political in nature?
4. Why has the dominance of physicians given wat to corporate interests?
5. Why are nurses and other health professionals beginning to find themselves with greater stature in the health policy arena?
One required reference is Policy and Politics For Nurses and Other Health Professionals Advocacy and Action. Third Edition. Nickitas, Middaugh, and Feeg (2020) text
The paper must identify the limits of the healthcare market. Address federalist system of government to fragmented health care delivery. Identify the political nature of policy alternatives.
Address primary care provider dominance to corporate interests. Lastly, identify the greater stature of nurses and other health care professionals in health policy.