Parse’s Human Becoming Theory
Write a 1250-1500 word APA paper addressing each of the following points. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) sources and your textbook using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page in the correct APA do not count toward the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
The hospice nurse sat with Ann\’s husband, Ben. Ann was resting quietly as the increased dosage of IV pain medication gradually reached its therapeutic level. Ben turned his head and slowly turned, looking out the room\’s only window. As he glanced up, a small flicker of light caught his breath. It was a shooting star. A tear fell from the corner of his eye and he turned to Ann. The nurse sensed that something significant to Ann and Ben was unfolding. Shuffling to Ann\’s bedside, he took her small fragile hand in his. These hands had rocked cradles, burped babies, and groomed the horses she loved to ride. Gently holding her hand, he turned to the nurse. \”She would ride like the wind was chasing her.\” Looking back to Ann his voice broke; choking back tears \”Ann, Ann I saw Jessie…Jessie is calling.\” Ben turned \”Jessie was our daughter. She died having a baby that was too big. When she died it was a pitch-black night. Cold, so cold, the baby died too, a little boy, named him Abe, Jr. after Jessie\’s husband. I took Ann outside so she could cry to God above and there in this dark sky we saw two falling stars…together…just falling. We knew it had to be Jessie and Abe…two angels to light up the night.\” Ben turned back as a deep sigh escaped from Ann\’s lips. A soft smile remained as she joined Jessie and Abe.
Parse’s Human Becoming Theory
Based on this case study how would the nurse actualize Parse\’s theory of Human Becoming?
What are characteristics of a human becoming nurse? What are strengths and weaknesses to this theory of nursing?
What challenges exist for healthcare institutions to switch to this nursing approach?
How might Parse\’s understanding of transcendence guide the nurse, as Ann\’s death became a reality to Ben?
From the nursing theories we have discussed, what additional theory would you apply to this case study? Develop a plan of care to include both nursing theories (be specific and provide reasons)
Length: 1250 – 1500 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
* Please include the conclusion paragraph
Parse’s Human Becoming Theory Related posts:
- Leininger and Parse: metaparadigm of Nursing
- Choose a middle-range theory or grand theory that, in your opinion, can be applied to practice. What are the assumptions underpinning this theory? Discuss how this theory finds application in your area of practice.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of transformational leadership theory and leader-member theory (LMX)? How might your knowledge of the LMX theory help you to become a better leader?
- Becoming a consumer of nursing research
- Becoming a Registered Nurse
- Becoming a Chamberlain Nurse Leader…Walking the Talk (graded)
- Topic 7: Becoming a Team Leader
- What is the next step for ambulatory health care? We are seeing ambulatory care becoming even more personalized through the use of technology and research
- Post a description of one or more significant ways in which Walden’s and the School of Nursing’s perspectives (i.e., vision, mission, social change message, and outcomes) relate to your professional and academic goals and to your becoming a scholar-practitioner. Include how you plan to incorporate social change into your professional and academic goals.
- Becoming influential
- CLC – Community Assessment And Analysis Presentation
- Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System