Neighborhood and the Social determinants of Health Community Health Assessment in Newmarket
an individual assessment of a community that you have lived in as you will be required to reflect on your experiences as member of that community. You may collect information from websites, as well as a windshield survey.
Getting to know my community (Newmarket)
Use Chapter 13 in Stamler & Yiu (2020) which I uploaded for you to guide your assessment/consultation on the Newmarket community
a) Identify the community / aggregate and where it is located. Locate
the geopolitical boundary; these can be found on this website:
b) Begin with a windshield survey method to gather information
about the broader community (Choice is Newmarket community),
including defining its geographic boundary, neighbourhood
environment, and significant factors (i.e. socio-economic and
environmental), more of the characteristic makeup to assess can be
found in pages 255- 267 of Chapter 13. From the knowledge of the
data you are collecting this may have an impact on the health of
c) Utilize additional methods to collect data for your community
assessment: non-contact methods (e.g., literature review, internet
search) this is preferred given the Covid 19 pandemic. Describe
hypothetical** contact methods that you may use (e.g.) key
d) For both parts b and c, outline the methods used to collect data
(e.g., epidemiological data, research findings, local and national
policy documents, census and other statistics) check p. 258 and use
the community webpage to gather information.
e) Discuss your data findings and how they have informed your
understanding of the community. Describe any potential health
issues that emerge from the data you’ve collected. What are the
health needs, that emerge from your community assessment?
Make 1-2 recommendations for addressing these needs, supported
by your data, research and theory. I have attached a theory article
to relate your discussions with.
f) Conclude the paper by reflecting on your experience of conducting
this community assessment. How has your social identity and any
previous assumptions about the community affected the way you
perceived your community? How has this assignment changed
your outlook as a member of the community, and as a community
Guidelines and Criteria for Evaluation:
This assignment will be 4-5 pages MAX in length; 12 pt Times
Roman font; double-spaced; using APA format, 7 th edition
· Clear and concise writing style with use of subheadings to organize
thoughts and ideas
Neighborhood and the Social determinants of Health Community Health Assessment in Newmarket Related posts:
- Assess the relationship between public health and social determinants of health. Provide examples to illustrate the influences of public health on the social determinants of health.
- What are social, behavioral, and cultural determinants? How do social, behavioral, and cultural determinants impact public health?
- Post a summary of how the five population health determinants (access to health care, individual behavior, social environment, physical environment, and genetics) affect your selected health issue, and which determinants you think are most impactful for that particular issue and why
- Topic 2 Family Health Assessment assignment. Identify the social determinants of health (SDOH) contributing to the family\’s health status.
- Prepare an informational report about the case from the following article available within the Library as a manager of a medium sized hospital in a suburban neighborhood
- Conduct a windshield survey to identify a population and its primary health concern. Develop a 3–5-page report that explains demographic changes for a population and describes the health disparities and social determinants of health that can affect the population.
- Collaborative Learning Community assignment: Performing a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide
- The Influence of Social Determinants & Factors in the Health Care System on Wellness in Cuban Immigrants with HIV/AIDS in Miami, FL
- NURSING: Collaborate with professionals across the health care system in order to find the gap in care or social determinants resulting in poor outcomes.
- Discuss social determinants of health
- Equitable Health Care Position Statement and Elevator Speech
- Benchmark – Capstone Project Change Proposal