Medication Case Study: Seroquel (Quetiapine)
For the medication you selected Seroquel (Quetiapine) write an APA paper using the structured outline below. Include a reference list of at least four sources, with at least one evidence-based research article. Where appropriate, use APA format. Use proper grammar, spelling, and composition in your presentation.
1. State the drug name, classification, FDA-approved uses, and off-label uses (if any). If your medication is controlled, please list the federal regulations, your state\’s regulations, and best practices regarding dispensing.
2. Explain how the drug works and the mechanism of action.
3. List the most common side effects, significant drug-drug, food-drug, herb-drug, substance-drug interactions, and any black box warnings.
4. State the starting dose and how you would taper up and taper off the medication.
5. State what should be included for patient education.
6. From two pharmacies, find out what a 30-day supply would cost without insurance. List the pharmacies and the cost. You may use GoodRx (Links to an external site.) or call local pharmacies.
7. List any labs you would need prior to starting this medication and any labs you would need throughout the medication regimen (if any).
8. List any contraindications.
9. List pregnancy and breastfeeding precautions.
10. List any age limitations (such as “not approved in children under 12”) or age-related dosing considerations.
11. Give an example of a patient clinical picture (such as signs/symptoms, diagnosis, age, gender, and so on) who you would likely use this medication with.
12. Give an example of a patient clinical picture who you would likely avoid using this medication with.
Medication Case Study: Seroquel (Quetiapine) Related posts:
- Seroquel (Quetiapine)
- Choose a medication type from the following list, note why the medication is used, and consider adverse effects. Invent a scenario where giving this medication could result in an ethical or legally charged situation
- Nursing Education Systems: COMPARING the nursing education systems of the two (2) of the above countries
- Political History and Development of Nursing Education: Describe how the political history of the country influenced nursing education in your selected (2) countries
- Compare the pros and cons of continuing nursing education related to the ANA Code of Ethics, and use the comparison to support mandatory continuing nursing education
- History of Education and Philosophy of Nurse Education Custom Essay
- Technology and nursing education: Optimal education
- societal trends that will likely impact nursing education and patient education in the future
- Theory and Education: a peer-reviewed journal article that integrates nursing theory and nursing education
- NUR 394: Health Promotion and Education: Fill out the table – Health Promotion and Education
- Benchmark – Electronic Health Record Implementation Paper
- Minorillness case study on ear pain