Improving access to care
Using the required readings discuss how as a future nurse practitioner and/or nurse leader, you will oversee care for patients with many types of insurance plans and prescribe treatments which include follow-up care/therapy and prescriptions. What would you recommend as options or strategies to improve access to care?
Required Readings and references
Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals
Chapter 13: Innovation for the Delivery System of the Future: Medical Homes, Accountable Care Organizations, and Bundles Payment Initiatives
Chapter 14: Hospitals: Consolidation and Compression
Chapter 15: Enhanced Primary Care Roles for Nurses and Other Professionals
Chapter 16: Physicians: It Is Increasingly about the Team
Chapter 17: Health Information Technology and the Intersection of Health Policy
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Search for articles about access to health care.
Kaiser Family Foundation
Browse this site by topic, for example, health reform, disparities policies, immigration, prescription policies, uninsured/coverage, and so on.
Take the Uninsured Quiz and the Health Issues and the Election Quiz.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Browse this site for health policy priorities on racial and ethnic disparities in health care.
Improving access to care Related posts:
- Protocols of a Survey for HIV/AIDS Stigma and Discrimination and Access to Health Care Access
- Application: Access to Insurance Versus Access to Care
- On the basis of your understanding of the access to healthcare facilities and impacts of barriers to healthcare access, answer the following
- Health care quality occurs when: patients can access a continuum of appropriate care and service in a timely manner, patients are educated and actively participate in the planning and delivery of their care and service, clinical outcomes are achieved with excellence, patients achieve their care goals and optimum quality of life
- What are the critical healthcare policy issues related to access to care, cost of care, and quality of care within an organized hospital system?
- critical healthcare policy issues related to access to care, cost of care, and quality of care within an organized hospital system
- Managed care and its objectives of ensuring quality of care, costs, and access
- Managed care and its objectives of ensuring the quality of care, costs, and access-3 page paper
- Ethical issues of health care reform include moral foundations, cost containment, public health, access to care, ED crowding, and end-of-life issues
- Barriers to Access to Care
- NRS-490-RS Professional Capstone And Practicum Reflective Journal And Scholarly Activities
- Dependent and extraneous variables in nursing