Fall prevention project at the SNF
A. Develop a written proposal by doing the following:
1. Identify a problem or issue related to practice, policy, population, or education that
aligns with the organizational priorities you seek to solve.
Note: Falls at the skilled nursing home environment
a. Explain the problem or issue, including why it is applicable to the area of practice you
chose and the healthcare environment.
2. Discuss your investigation of the problem or issue.
a. Provide evidence to substantiate the problem or issue (e.g., organizational assessment,
national source documents, evidence from a stakeholder).
3. Analyze the state of the situation using current data.
a. Analyze areas that might be contributing to the problem or issue.
4. Propose a solution or innovation for the problem or issue.
Note: 30 minutes check monitor list for residents with fall risk. (every 30 minutes check for
activities, toileting needs, any other assistance needed…)
a. Justify your proposed solution or innovation based on the results of your investigation
5. Recommend resources to implement your proposed solution or innovation. Include a
cost-benefit analysis of your proposed solution or innovation.
6. Provide a timeline for implementation based on your proposal.
Note: 1 month project.
7. Discuss why each key stakeholder or partner is important for the implementation of the
solution or innovation.
a. Summarize your engagement with the key stakeholders or partners, including the
input and feedback you received.
Note: director of nursing, MDS, Resident care Manager.
b. Discuss how you intend to work with those key stakeholders or partners in order to
8. Discuss how your proposed solution or innovation could be implemented, including how
the implementation could be evaluated for success.
B. Explain how you fulfilled the following roles during your process of investigation and
3. manager of the healing environment