Expanding Cultural Knowledge in Healthcare
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) sources using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements.
Pick a cultural group (different from yours) that you commonly care for at work. Research the answers to the following…
Health Beliefs and Practices
Space orientation and Time orientation
Childbirth and perinatal care
Death and Dying
Spirituality, religion, and faith (include holy days)
Prayer and meditation
What knowledge did you gain about this group that you were not aware of?
How will this knowledge change the way you care for this cultural group?
Title Slide (1 slide)
Objective Slide (1 slide)
Health Beliefs and Practices (1-2 slide)
Family patterns (1-2 slide)
Communication style (1-2 slide)
Space orientation and Time orientation (1-2 slide)
Nutritional Patterns (1-2 slide)
Pain Responses (1-2 slide)
Childbirth and perinatal care (1-2 slide)
Death and Dying (1-2 slide)
Spirituality, religion, and faith (include holy days) (1-2 slide)
Prayer and meditation (1-2 slide)
What knowledge did you gain about this group that you were not aware of? (1-2 slide)
How will this knowledge change the way you care for this cultural group? (1-2 slide)
References (1 slide)
Length: 15-27 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
*No page numbers
Expanding Cultural Knowledge in Healthcare Related posts:
- Expanding Cultural Knowledge
- Company expanding in global markets
- Nursing Metaparadigm: Health as expanding Consciousness, Newman as a theoretical work
- Cultural Competence: It is important that nurses develop cultural competence for their nursing practices.
- What are social, behavioral, and cultural determinants? How do social, behavioral, and cultural determinants impact public health?
- Social, Behavioral, and Cultural Factors in Public Health: Increasing Cultural Competency
- Describe the Cultural Empowerment of the group you chose. Specifically address how each of the PEN-3 model’s three factors within the dimension of cultural empowerment applies to your group, and provide examples.
- What is your personal worldview? Connect your worldview to cultural and spiritual competence. How will your worldview and cultural and spiritual competence affect your future practice and role as an advanced practice nurse? Consider both the provision of safe, quality care to diverse populations and interprofessional relationships.
- Sharing Cultural and Spiritual Beliefs and Practices Among Specific Cultural Groups
- AN3002: Shared Cultural Elements of Global Indigenous Communities
- Ethical And Legal Implications Of Prescribing Drugs
- Discussion: Examining Endocrine, Metabolic, and Hematologic Disorders