Discuss a formal role where a nurse is in a position of leadership. Outline the essential responsibilities of that role and the educational preparation required. Explain what leadership traits, styles, or qualities are required to be successful in this role and why.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
- Why is vision essential to facilitating successful change in an organization? What is the correlation between a leader\’s role/vision and a successful change initiative? Describe a vision that you have seen/heard/read/viewed that you felt inspired successful change. How did this vision influence people\’s behavior and attitudes toward a major change initiative?
- The influence of leadership can be far-reaching in practice and improving patient outcomes even when not in a formal role. Describe advocacy strategies that you can use as a leader to create positive change in your current workplace. In response to peers, describe a time when you provided leadership and the outcome. Was there anything that you would do differently?
- Describe the nurse’s role and responsibility as health educator. What strategies, besides the use of learning styles, can a nurse educator consider when developing tailored individual care plans, or for educational programs in health promotion? When should behavioral objectives be utilized in a care plan or health promotion?
- Identify the educational preparation and role(s) of the clinical nurse leader (CNL) designation
- Identify the educational preparation and role(s) of the clinical nurse leader (CNL) designation. Give an example of how the CNL influences direct patient care whether in a hospital or out in the community.
- Discuss the differences in competencies between nurses prepared at the ADN vs. the BSN level. Identify a patient care situation in which you describe how nursing care or approaches to decision making nay differ based upon educational preparation of the nurse
- Each CLC group will design a case study (750 words) of an educational situation in a hospital-based educational setting.
- Educational Brochure Design a trifold educational brochure, that will be used to educate the community, about one of the following topics
- Lorrie Norrington Leadership Qualities and their Effects
- Nursing Philosophy – (a( Introduction of what a nursing philosophy is and why it’s important. (b) Discuss what influences as a nurse developing a personal nursing philosophy (c) Specify your own nursing philosophy (do no write in 1st person). Use language such as one nurse’s formal education and experience generates a nursing philosophy that defines the nurse…