Assignment 2: Examining Differences
In this module, we examined crimes against persons, crimes against property, and white-collar crimes. These crimes are all treated differently by the legislature as well as the media. These differences are a reflection of how society views them. As you consider these differences, you should also consider how these differences have evolved over time.
Prepare a 3- to 5-page report that describes all of the following points:
- The differences in the treatment of each type of crime by the legislature. Explore the different crime levels (misdemeanor vs. felony) and different punishments.
- The differences in the descriptions utilized by the media. How does the media depict the different types of criminals? Have there been any changes?
- The differences in the theoretical applications for these types of crimes. How do the theories differentiate between these types of criminal behavior?
- Save your report as M4_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- Submit your document to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)