Community Health and Population-Focused Nursing
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course
B. Complete a needs-assessment summary to determine the health needs and risks of the virtual community in Sentinel City™ by using each of the following tools:
Note: These tools can be found either in the web links section or as an attachment to this task.
• Demographics Assessment
• Neighborhood/Community Safety Inventory
• Windshield Survey
• Population Health Scavenger Hunt
Note: The name of each of the four tools should be identified in the needs-assessment summary, along with a brief summary of how each of the four tools were used in the needs assessment.
1. Analyze the collected data using concepts of epidemiology and health determinants.
Note: Refer to these three sections of your COS for additional information: Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Epidemiological Data, and Application of Epidemiology.
C. Formulate a community diagnosis for Sentinel City™ by doing the following:
1. Discuss the three problems for Sentinel City™ based on the Healthy People goals.
2. Discuss community resources (e.g., Sentinel City™ Affordable Housing Project, Better Health Clinic) that are available to address one of the problems identified in part C1.
3. Identify a primary prevention topic based on the problem you selected in part C2.
Note: See the attached “Primary Prevention Topics List” for guidance in formulating your topic.
D. Discuss how you will apply the assessment strategies you have learned from the simulation environment to your community assessment strategies in your community.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
F. Demonstrate Professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Community Health and Population-Focused Nursing Related posts:
- Application Of Community Health & Population-Focused Nursing
- Community Health and population-focused Nursing C228 Task 1
- Implement a Community Health and Population-Focused Health Promotion Activity
- Provide an analysis of your surveyed community and what health-related community need is present. Define the methodology of the health improvement program you will use to solve this problem also include a time line. Include any higher level of care management and policy decision that APNs who work in the community would need to be partner with either community-based consortiums or health care policy makers
- Nursing – explaining its relationship to population-focused health
- How would you provide care for a community if your idea of a healthy community does not match your community’s definition of a healthy community?
- Define terms in your own words, explaining its relationship to population-focused health
- Define each term in your own words, explaining its relationship to population-focused health.
- Medicare Terms Definition and Relationship to population-focused health
- compose a scholarly paper focused on health promotion for a population of your choosing
- Disseminating Project Results
- Health Care Professionals Applying Ethical Principles