Clinical Practice Experience (CPE) task STEP 2
• Research the CMS HRRP (https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/
• Briefly discuss the elements and criteria used for the CMS HRRP conditions/procedures payment reduction plan for readmissions within 30 days of discharge.
• Develop/propose a Care Transition Plan for the patient with the condition or procedure that you chose for your CPE.
o Incorporate individual, social determinants, community, system-level, and condition/procedure specific considerations with emphasis on interventions and initiatives to prevent readmission within 30 days of discharge.
PHASE 2: Identifying EBP for the Prevention of Hospital Readmission
• Research the evidence-based practices for effectively transitioning patients from the hospital (& rehabilitation unit) to home with the specific focus on preventing all-cause hospital readmission. Utilize your textbooks, online resources, and other sources as needed.
• Discuss evidence-based practices focused on preventing all-cause hospital readmissions.
• Incorporate individual, community, system, and social determinants of health considerations that impact all-cause readmission and how to prevent them.
PHASE 3: Development of a Hospital Prevention Plan
• Based on research, create an extension of the HRRP that focuses on successfully preventing hospitalization through primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention methods.
• Initiatives should incorporate individual, social, community, system-level, and condition/procedure-specific considerations.
This is a CPE I will be uploading to my Portfolio. You do not need to complete and charts or timelines I will do this. I included some files to explain the parts I am doing and you will only do 2, 3, and 4 which are estimated at 1-2 pages, but I am anticipating 2 pages each. Use the links and resources the instructor gives in the file CPE instructions.
Clinical Practice Experience (CPE) task Related posts:
- Advanced Health Assessment for Patients and Populations – D028: AJM1 Task 1: Community Outbreak Assessment
- What do you believe about the influences of theory on nursing practice? What value do you place on using a model for practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? Has your philosophy of advanced practice nursing change
- draw parallels between the history of advanced practice nursing and current events impacting advanced practice nursing
- CLC: Assess the past and present impact nurses, including advanced professional/advanced practice nurses, have made in addressing this health issue.
- What is your personal worldview? Connect your worldview to cultural and spiritual competence. How will your worldview and cultural and spiritual competence affect your future practice and role as an advanced practice nurse? Consider both the provision of safe, quality care to diverse populations and interprofessional relationships.
- Discuss each of the following areas of nursing within your e-portfolio by drawing on three specific examples of your clinical experiences (i.e., skills lab, simulation, clinical rotations, or professional practice)
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty. How has past and current regulation/legislation affected the role and scope of this nursing role? What, if any, discussions are currently underway relative to the scope and role of this specialty? What resources are available to assist nurses in advocating for these roles?
- Compare and contrast the roles of the NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and research.
- Advanced Health Assessment for Patients and Populations
- Discussion: Women’s And Men’s Health, Infectious Disease, And Hematologic Disorders