Clinical Nursing Education
Clinical nursing education helps students achieve professional nursing qualities and prepare them for the future workforce. Professionalism is the most aimed practice in nursing education. Nursing education aims to raise students’ awareness of nursing; this process involves complementary and integrated areas.
This article will help you understand clinical nursing education by providing step-by-step guidelines. You will also learn about the challenges related to clinical education and why clinical nursing education is essential in society and to you as a nursing student. This article also discusses the challenges that nursing instructors experience in clinical education.
What is clinical nursing education?
Clinical nursing education is basically the knowledge and skills taught to students to improve their clinical nursing practices. Due to the growth of technology, nursing is continuously developing and changing, with clinical nursing education following the steps. Nursing education must follow and keep up with the current trends in nursing.
As a clinical nursing student, you must ensure that you are aware of every change in the nursing field. Many clinical nursing universities emphasize educating nursing students about the current ways of treating and caring for patients. Through extensive study, you will be able to get into the profession that is developed to meet the challenges of clinical nursing education of the modern-day.
Clinical nursing education is one of nursing students’ most important educational experiences. This is a permanent part of the educational process in all the stages of clinical nursing education. Clinical education helps you to have a chance to learn more about physical conditions.
The roles of clinical nursing education
Clinical nursing education offers higher education programs such as bachelor’s and master’s degrees and specialized training programs for practicing nursing students. Clinical nursing education also focuses on the values and attitudes a nursing profession should practice to improve patient care and the hospital performance
The goals of nursing education clinical are to guide the next generation of nurses on the new healthcare trends. For this reason, all clinical nursing educators must fully understand the latest trends affecting healthcare delivery. As an aspiring clinical nursing educator, you must have in-depth knowledge and good leadership skills to teach in nursing institutions and hospitals.
Many clinical nursing institutions offer various nursing programs to students. The following are the major clinical nursing education programs that clinical nursing schools focus on; they include:
- Advanced pharmacology
- Assessment and evaluation of strategies
- Curriculum design in nursing
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Nursing practicum
- Advanced physical examination and many more
Innovation in clinical nursing education
In the United States, health care is undergoing a thorough transformation motivated by affordable care and increased focus on prevention, community health and cost control, among others. Despite these changes, many clinical nursing education programs focus on hospital-based nursing care.
Innovations in clinical nursing education help broaden clinical nursing education, the 21st-century proficiency that aspiring and professional nurses require today and in the future to provide quality patient care. Many barriers affect the innovation of clinical nursing education.
Factors hindering the clinical nursing education programs
Clinical nursing practices in the 21st century involve various challenges, such as the rise in elderly patients, increased healthcare expenses, increased number of critically ill patients, and many more.
Below are some barriers to clinical nursing education; and they include:
- Setting education in a nursing practice environment
- Clinical nursing education curriculum enhancement
- Lack of sharing nursing ideas and inter-professional practices among clinical nursing educators
- Lack of clinical nursing faculty
- Lack of adequate capacity in clinical nursing schools
Ethical issues in clinical nursing education
When providing treatment for several patients, as a nurse, you will face ethical challenges that can come in any way. In many cases, these issues come from a patient’s discomfort with the kind of treatment being administered, refusal of treatment due to cultural beliefs and the patient’s decision on their health status. Despite these issues, nurses must provide quality care and adhere to the formal code of nursing ethics.
The American Nurses Association established the formal nursing ethic code to set nursing goals and values and provide guidelines for best practices in clinical nursing education. The standard nursing code is regularly updated to reflect the challenges of clinical nursing education. These values are legal issues in clinical nursing education that nurses should consider when identifying responsibilities surrounding patient care and treatment.
In clinical nursing education, teaching ethics in nursing is essential. It enables nursing students to improve patient care during the nursing practice. Nursing is a hasty job with daily challenges; all nurses nationwide deal with these similar clinical nursing ethical issues. These issues are mainly fixed by protecting the patients’ treatment rights, advanced decision-making, and providing quality patient care.
Clinical nursing education models
Models for clinical education are mainly used to learn about the patient’s health status and observation and discuss treatment and care, among others. The models for clinical education include case method, nursing records, recording of the nursing process and the bedside clinic. These methods help to teach clinical nursing to improve clinical skills.
With these models of clinical nursing education, you will improve your nursing performance in the care and treatment of patients. If you are a nursing student, your instructor will provide these models to help you improve your clinical nursing practice. In the clinical nursing education method, the student manages patients in an environment that boosts learning.
Uses of clinical nursing models
The provision of nursing care has extremely changed in the two decades. In the past, clinical hospitals functioned in a disorganized system that increased nurses’ stress and job and patient dissatisfaction. Many nurses left the bedside due to challenges in providing quality care, such as; lack of enough medical supplies and lack of participation in creating a unique care plan.
The nursing discipline is continually building its knowledge base, professional framework and clinical nursing model to guide hospital clinical nursing practice. Clinical nursing practice models as a combination of nursing professional behaviours and leadership are a basis for setting a common goal and prioritizing patient care and treatment for all nursing teams.
Roles of clinical nursing education
Nursing professors or instructors play a significant role in clinical nursing education. Nursing instructors must have a positive toward teaching nursing skills. Clinical nursing education is critical and should be introduced in every community to improve people’s health, educate aspiring nurses, treat different illnesses and create awareness of good health.
The following are the benefits of clinical nursing education. They include:
- It provides nurses with knowledge about the patients
- It helps improve treatment
- It enables nursing students to learn about patients and their condition practically in the presence of the patient
- It helps the nurses to develop and improve their problem-solving skills
- It helps nursing students gain knowledge and learn more about different hospital settings
- Allows access to medical management data
- It helps students learn how to create nurse-patient relationship
- It provides nursing students with the knowledge and enables them to understand different concepts of patient care
- Helps nursing students to improve their interpersonal and communication skills
What are the steps for problem-based learning
Problem-based learning in clinical nursing education is a method of learning where nursing students are at the centre, and on the other side, the professor or instructor is the guide. In problem-solving learning in clinical nursing, students are responsible for their learning process and have a particular point of control over the choice of what they want to study. Problem-based learning is mainly effective when done as a group. This helps nursing students come up with ideas to solve a particular issue.
Each group is assigned several roles to work on to support problem-based learning in clinical nursing education. The instructor ensures thorough supervision to avoid mistakes, especially during clinical nursing practice. In this article, we listed steps to approach problem-based learning in clinical nursing education; they include:
- Clarifying ambiguous terminologies and concepts
- Defining the problem or issue
- Examining the problem
- Developing learning goals
- Reporting the findings
Features and benefits of problem-based learning in clinical nursing education
- It should challenge nursing students to have a deeper understanding of nursing concepts
- It should allow students to make decisions and defend their ideas
- It connects current nursing trends
- It must encourage nursing students to work as a team to solve a complex issue
- It helps to promote self-learning
- It allows students to engage in class discussion
- Helps nursing students develop valuable skills
- It helps in improving teamwork
- It encourages permanent rewards for nursing students
Clinical simulation in nursing education
Simulation in clinical nursing education in the past days was very challenging; nursing students did not have actual practice at that time. Due to the growth of technology, simulation in nursing education has become modernized and popular as a teaching material. It provides many opportunities for clinical nursing educators to train nursing students using actual patients to practice.
Below are methods used for simulation in clinical nursing education. They include the following:
- Full-scale simulators
- Virtual reality
- Past-task trainers
- In situ simulation
- Standardized patients
To wrap up
Clinical nursing education is very important in society today. Understanding the challenges and roles of clinical nursing education is very important. This article has discussed different goals and other necessary information based on clinical nursing education that you need to know.
For more details on clinical nursing, contact us at: customnursingpapers.com. We also provide nursing assignment writing services at an affordable price. Contact us today for any help you need in nursing.
- Evolving Practice of Nursing and Patient Care Delivery Models
- Select a nursing research article from the list below that includes a theoretical or conceptual framework and the exploration of a clinical problem. Identify the nursing research article components using the Week 5 research template.
- Find An Article On A Societal Factor That Is Affecting Nursing/Patient Education Curriculum. Summarize Your Article For Your Classmates In One Or Two Paragraphs. Discuss Why You Chose The Article And What Can Be Learned From This Trend – How Would You Us
- Write A Critical Appraisal That Demonstrates Comprehension Of Two Qualitative Research Studies
- After Viewing The Week 3 Webinar: Critical Appraisal Of Quantitative Research, Complete The Appraisal Guide: Findings Of A Quantitative Study In This Week’s Resources. Of The Questions Discussed On The Second Page Of The Critique Form, Titled Credibility,
- Qualitative Research Article Breakdown
- Research Article Appraisal
- Submission Of A Selected Research Article, Checklist And Module 1 Article Document
- Begin by selecting a topic in nursing or medicine that is of interest to you. Next, use PICOT to format possible research questions about that topic. Provide 3 possible PICOT research questions
- QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE ARTICLE ANALYSIS
- Use the practice problem and a quantitative, peer-reviewed research article you identified in the Topic 1 assignment to complete this assignment.