Change Initiative in an Organization
Assignment Change Initiative: Creating Vision
In a written paper of 1,250-1,500 words, evaluate the current forces driving change in your field or industry. As a leader, or considering the role of a leader, assess your organization and evaluate how well it is responding to the forces, and identify where there is a need for change. Develop a vision to inspire this change. Include the following: I’m currently a Nurse Manager, we have a constant employment turn over due to low pay, but the State has good health benefits and extra days off. Type of employees are usually in recovery themselves. This in my opinion is not good. We need a better hiring tool with a psychological testing to be implemented.
1. Describe your organization, include the organization\’s mission, and identify the various stakeholders. ( State of Texas and other state agencies, employees, venders/suppliers, Forensic court ordered detained patients, the community. )
2. Identify the external and internal forces that drive organizational change in your field or industry. Explain the origin or reason for these internal or external driving forces. Explain how these forces directly affect the viability of your organization. ( Budgets, needed supplies, enormous medical bills for the psychiatric inmates( patients) about 200 patients that get the top of the line medical care and meals, recreation and rehabilitation expense. Outside external forces like joint commissions and other crediting agencies for funding and other reasons for credibility, Client Rights another outside agency calling for constant change.
Choose one of the driving forces. Describe the specific issues this driving force creates, or will potentially create, for your organization or department. One right now and always is client’s rights. Internal is the employment retention and salary problem. we have a constant employment turn over due to low pay, but the State has good health benefits and extra days off. Type of employees are usually in recovery themselves. This in my opinion is not good. We need a better hiring tool with a psychological testing to be implemented.
4. Propose the steps needed for your organization or department to respond to this driving force.
5. Predict how employees at various levels in the organization will respond to your proposed change initiative.
6. Develop a vision for change. Describe how this vision correlates with the organization\’s mission, and how you will present this vision to internal stakeholders.
7. Predict how you think your vision will assist internal stakeholders in supporting the change initiative. Identify potential considerations posed by stakeholders, and discuss how you will respond.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This customers current employer is a State Forensic Psychiatric Hospital.
Mission statement below
PROVIDING SPECIALIZED FORENSIC PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE
A COMMUNITY OF ACCEPTANCE UNDERSTANDING , AND HEALING
RECOVERY THROUGH PARTNERSHI
Hope -Believing that recovery is possible is one of the first steps toward making the journey. With Hope, a pathway toward Recovery exists. We embrace a sense of never-ending, abundant hope for recovery for all.
Individuality -We encourage those we serve and staff to accept one another as individuals, because we believe that success and recovery can come from that acceptance and mutual respect. We celebrate our uniqueness, diversity and sharing of individual thought, culture, and creativity.
Collaboration -Strength, achievement, agreement, and satisfaction all spring from a feeling of togetherness, which is present through a spirit of common purpose, in a collaborative environment that propels that common purpose. This cooperative environment includes individuals, teams, and internal and external communities.
Empowerment -All of us feel free to do our work, to speak openly, to share our talents, and to express different ideas and opinions, without unnecessary encumbrance or limitations. We all can truly make great contributions toward our mission and vision through this sense of freedom.
Growth -We can only improve ourselves and our world around us, by learning from our mistakes, embracing new ideas and processes, celebrating successes of ourselves and others, and continually educating ourselves. Growth in this way leads to a more full life and feeling of self-worth.