Case Analysis: issues pertaining to informed consent in conducting evaluations and apply ethical decision making to a scenario in which there is a professional ethical conflict.
In this assignment, you will discuss the issues pertaining to informed consent in conducting evaluations and apply ethical decision making to a scenario in which there is a professional ethical conflict.
Review vignette 3 from the following article:
- Ethical and Professional Conflicts in Correctional Psychology
After you have read the vignette, answer the following questions in a 2- to 3-page paper:
- Should the evaluation, which is requested by the warden, be completed? Why or why not?
- Would your answer change if the psychologist were not a member of APA? Why or why not?
- What multicultural/diversity issues would one need to consider if the inmate in the vignette were a homosexual, African-American male who was raised in an adoptive, single-parent household? What ethical and multicultural issues would a professional need to consider in conducting an evaluation of an individual with this background?
- Support your answers with appropriate references in APA style.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)