Benchmark – Policy Brief topic is Healthy Lifestyles
Research public health issues on the “Climate Change” or “Topics and Issues” pages of the American Public Health Association (APHA) website. Investigate a public health issue related to an environmental issue within the U.S. healthcare delivery system and examine its effect on a specific population.
Write a 750-1,000-word policy brief that summarizes the issue, explains the effect on the population, and proposes a solution to the issue.
Follow this outline when writing the policy brief:
1. Describe the policy health issue. Include the following information: (a) what population is affected, (b) at what level does it occur (local, state, or national), and (c) evidence about the issues supported by resources.
2. Create a problem statement.
3. Provide suggestions for addressing the health issue caused by the current policy. Describe what steps are required to initiate policy change. Include necessary stakeholders (government officials, administrator) and budget or funding considerations, if applicable.
4. Discuss the impact on the health care delivery system.
Include three peer-reviewed sources and two other sources to support the policy brief.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The benchmark assesses the following competencies:
1.4 Participate in health care policy development to influence nursing practice and health care.
A detailed description of the policy issue is presented. The origin of the policy is described and a strong correlation between the policy and the health issue for the population selected is established. The level at which this occurs is discussed. Strong rationale and evidence are offered for support. Insight into the policy health issue is demonstrated. A problem statement is thoroughly developed with supporting details. Suggestions for addressing the issue are thoroughly developed with supporting details. All assignment criteria are met and well-supported. The suggestions are well-supported and offer clear steps for initiating policy change. A discussion on the impact on the health care delivery system is thoroughly developed with supporting details. The thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. The thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. A clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. All format elements are correct. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to the assignment and style, and the format is free of error.
Benchmark – Policy Brief topic is Healthy Lifestyles Related posts:
- Stress management with healthy lifestyles
- Policy Brief: Select a public health issue and write a 750-1,000 word policy brief
- Health Policy Proposal Analysis: Health Policy Proposal Analysis (Policy Brief) Custom Paper
- Benchmark – Policy Brief (Climate Change)
- A policy brief (750-1,000 words) that targets a contemporary issue in public health policy that has global implications (e.g., smoking, obesity, infant mortality, etc.)
- Policy brief: a contemporary issue in public health policy that has global implications (e.g., smoking, obesity, infant mortality, etc.)
- Benchmark – Population Health Policy Analysis
- Psychotherapy: Select one of the psychodynamic therapy articles below to evaluate
- Capstone Topic : Falls Prevention in the elderly PICOT question paper