Addressing Mental Health in Nursing
Mental illness in the community does not discriminate. It can impact women, men, young children, adolescents, the elderly, and any nationality. For this discussion, choose one population along with one mental health disorder and describe how the disorder impacts that population as they attempt to be part of the community. Finally, explain one nursing intervention that would assist them to be successful.
Your initial posting should be at least 5000 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
* At least one source cited within paper and 500 words(source not included in words)
Addressing Mental Health in Nursing Related posts:
- What is the significance of professional Therapeutic Communication in Mental Health Nursing and how this tool significantly affects mental health consumers?
- Describe the provisions for involvement of family and nominated carers in mental health treatment within the NSW Mental Health Act 2007
- Mental Health and Aging: older adults especially racial-ethnic minority groups under use or non-use of mental health service
- Mental Health: The historical care and treatment of people with a mental illness
- Mental Health: The historical care and treatment of people with a mental illness has provided strong evidence to underpin the need for less paternalistic, more inclusive models of care
- Mental Well-Being and Mental Health
- Spirituality / Nursing: How realistic is it to expect health care workers to model mental, physical, and spiritual health Custom Essay
- Select a focus area or condition or illness relevant to ‘Womens Health/Communicable diseases/NCD/Child Health/Mental Health
- Develop a research question from ONE of these health themes: – Mothers and babies – Children and families – Acute care settings – Older people – Mental health – Rural and remote health
- How realistic is it to expect health care workers to model mental, physical, and spiritual health? If Americans tend to be overweight, underactive workaholics who experience burnout, why should health care workers be any different?
- Dietary Analysis Project- Complete_Part IV
- Quality Improvement Proposal